FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Where in the world is... James Isaac Barnts

For those of you, who like me, heard about the Volcano eruption in Ecuador just this morning, and were RATHER curious as to it's location in relation to our good friend James, I thought I'd post some geography data for you.

Thanks to technology and Google, I was able to use Google Earth and snag these photos via satellite some minutes ago.
James and his parents are staying (or so I was told, ask a Barnts for details) in Quito, Ecuador. The volcano, was just outside Banos, Ecuador. Here's what that looks like:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The distance is some 85 miles apart, the volcano being to their south, the fall out, still southwest of the volcano itself. Here's what THAT looks like:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meantime James is theoretically in Quito -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

- taking as many pictures as his 40 gig hard-drive will hold of lush, green Ecuador -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hopefully this was of some encouragement to you all, and do be sure to keep James and his family in your prayers as they travel around South America.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Kevin said...

Wow. I hadn't heard about the volcanoe. craziness. Thanks for the reminder to pray!

August 19, 2006 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger iron girl said...

I didn't hear about the volcano either! Scary. I will be praying.

August 20, 2006 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Tony Kevin said...

Yeah I meant that I hadn't heard about the volcano

August 22, 2006 at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home