FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Spread thin...

The sins that I struggle with are clever. It would seem that I have my hands in every jar I can find, but have not put my hand so far in as to be called a thief. I have been through so many countries and states, but not been so long as to be called a resident. But just because a fighter jet flies below radar, its strike is not rendered any less eminent, deadly and damaging. No, its lack of being noticed would heighten the destructive power, hitting the soon to be casualties in their weakest place, unprotected and exposed.

I do not claim that I am alone in this struggle, or in the duplicitous hiding of my sin, but I do mention this to encourage and urge you in one direction. Hound your church to find a spiritual brother or sister for accountability. The busy pursuits of our sins, be they presently casual or costly, will be wearing and tiring. The drain of our daily pursuits of sin is not a battle that has to be fought alone. The accountability that Christ has blessed us with is a free gift that for many lies unopened. A general does not charge the enemy by himself, nor does he wait for soldiers to come to him. A general seeks out soldiers, tells them the battle plan, then charges the enemy with a passion. Find someone to hold you accountable, and then get serious about your sin.

1 Comments:

Blogger iron girl said...

I totally agree, having a good Christian friend to hold you accontible is soooooo helpful and important.

February 21, 2006 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home