FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Scriptural Caveat?

To the best of my recollection, the Biblical commandment, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with your mind and with all your strength (Deuteronomy 6:5, Mark 12:30),” carries no caveat. There is no hidden phrase, “as long as it is safe,” or, “as long as you are healthy.” No, the commandment is to love Him with everything, our all. There seems to be this idea in today’s churches that there is to be a moderation of our zeal for the Lord. People will say things like, “you might get hurt,” “you might be permanently injured,” “you might die.” My question is, could there be any better way to go? Would it not be the best and sweetest way to die knowing that you have spent EVERYTHING you had on the Lord. You had literally run out, dried up and have been spent and all of it went to God’s glory? I would love for that to be my philosophy. Of course, I will say it is, I will ask God to make that my heart’s desire, but how I long for that to truly be how my heart is committed. There can be no better way to leave this earth than to know that you died for the greatest cause of all – serving Christ.