FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Weekday Blues

Making my way accross the scuffed and faded surface that is the gym floor, heading to our faithful one28 room, I noticed something. It seems to me that more and more people these days, particularily students, are wearing casual jeans to church. I am by no means, attempting to say that there is some commandment or scriptural support stating the inherant sin of blue jeans on a sunday, I do think we are lacking a sense of formality. I'll admit, in the face of occasional emergencies, wearing blue jeans beats not wearing pants at all, or dare I imagine it, a skirt, to church on sundays, I think we can do better. While blue CAN have a "nice" look about them, a sharp look, any person in the enviroment of business will tell you, that is known as, business CASUAL. I would love to see one28 ministries continue to grow by putting forth the extra effort to dress nice for church. Yes, the strapping young men in our ministry can pull of "nice attire" in most anything, we will do much in the way of showing our sincerity in a physical sense by taking our matter of dress to the next level. In an attempt to sum up, dress to your best, and keep the jeans for the "weekday blues."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home